Professional Experience, Service and Activity
- Paper Award: ICMLC Best Paper Award, CVGIP Excellent Paper Award, ICPR Industry Paper Award nomination, WCE Excellent Paper Award.
- Government Awards: MOST Excellent Research Award, MOE Excellent Teacher Award.
- Awards from Fu Jen Catholic University : SCI Journal Paper Awarrd, Technology Transfer Award, Industry Collaboration Award, Research Award, Teaching Award.
- Awards from Mentoring Student Competitions : MOE National University Competition on Software Innovations of Internet and Communication, Excellent Award in ARM Code-O-Rama Design Contest, Excellent Award in IPPR National Competition on Technology Innovation and Industry Application, Excellent Award in Altera Innovate Asia.
- Who's Who in the World, Who's Who in Asia, Who's Who in Science and Engineering
SCI Journal Reviewer
- International Journal of Computer Vision, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, IEEE Access, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems
- Pattern Recognition, Pattern Recognition Letter, Applied Sciences, Electronics, SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences, Machine Vision and Application, Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, Imaging Science, Journal International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, Infrared Physics & Technology, EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing, Applied Soft Computing, Journal of Information Science and Engineering, European Journal of Pediatrics, Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing
- Conference on Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing, Taiwan, 2005.
- International Conference on Pattern Recognition; IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing; International Conference on Mobile Ubiquitous Computing, Systems, Services and Technologies; International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications.
- International Conference on Computer Supported Education, Mobile Learning; The International Conference on Mobile, Hybrid, and On-line Learning; IADIS International Conference on Mobile Learning.
- MOST (Ministry of Science and Technology) : Project Reviewer
- MOE (Ministry of Education) : Course Authentication Reviewer
- MOEA (Ministry of Economic Affairs) : SBIR Project Reviewer, Patent Reviewer
- National Society
- Director, Chinese Image Processing and Pattern Recognition Society
- Supervisor, Chinese Image Processing and Pattern Recognition Society
- Director, Information Service Association of Chinese Colleges
- Fu Jen Catholic University
- Associate Dean of Science and Engineering College
- Director of Graduate Institute of Applied Science and Engineering (ASE Introduction)
- Director of Information Center
- Director of SVD Computing Center
- Committee Member of Industry-University Cooperation Center
- Technology Transfer and Patent Committee Member of Industry-University Cooperation Center
- New talks in 2018 & 2019
- Machine Learning in Healthcare [PDF] (Invited graduate talk)
- Intelligent Video Surveillance - a large-scale system approach [PDF] (Invited graduate talk)
- Effective Image Denoising Using Symmetric Convolution-Deconvolution Architecture (Conference paper presentation)
- AIoT大數據雲端平台於智慧四旋翼直升機之應用研究 (Research report)
- Towards Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (Undergraduate talk)
- 人工智慧之發展與研究現況 (Undergraduate talk)
- Important Talks
- Classified talks: my 50+ talks are classified into categories
- Computer Vision : Deep Learning for Computer Vision, Computer Vision in the Age of IoT (ICPR Invited), Towards Embedded Computer Vision, Application of Computer Vision for Sleep Medicine, Human Motion Analysis, Vision-based Intelligent Environment.
- Video Surveillance : Intelligent Video Surveillance, Video Surveillance Cloud, Video Surveillance and Souveillance, Intelligent Mobile Video Surveillance.
- GPGPU : GPGPU Cloud Computing for Vision, Parallel Vision by CUDA.
- Artificial Intelligence : Context Awareness, Interaction and Recognition, Robots and Game-based Learning, Intelligent Learning Companion and Robot Pet, Mobile Multimedia Retrieval, Intelligent Information Agent, A Tour of Genetic Algorithms:Theory and Applications.
- Education and Teaching : Artificial Intelligence and Your Future, Image Recognition Application for Intelligent Security and Safety, New Trend for Digital Learning, Experience Sharing of Cooperation between Teachers and Teaching Assistants.